Dr Wing LAM
Dr Wing Lam is Dean of U21Global. He has an established reputation for technology-based innovation, a theme which underpins much of his teaching, research and industry expertise.
Dr Lam's teaching portfolio comprises graduate courses in IT Strategy, Knowledge Management, Outsourcing and Strategic Management. He exercises leadership across a broad spectrum of learning initiatives relating to the use of technology to deliver quality education and learning outcomes. He is also active in executive education, where he works closely with major corporations to translate their organisational learning needs into management and leadership programmes, and helps them to maximise the ROI from training and development budgets. Dr Lam's teaching experience is international, having taught graduates and executives in the UK, Singapore, India, UAE and the Philippines.
His research portfolio revolves around enterprise integration, knowledge management and online education; he has contributed over 80 peer-reviewed journal articles and conference papers. He is co-editor of the book 'Enterprise Architecture and Integration: Methods, Implementation and Technologies' published in 2007 by Information Science Reference, Idea Group. His work also appears in journals such as Journal of Knowledge Management, Journal of Educational Technology and Society, British Journal of Educational Technology, Journal of Information Science, International Journal of Knowledge Management, Journal of Computer Information Systems, Journal of Enterprise Information Management, Knowledge Management Research and Practice, European Journal of Information Systems and Journal of E-Commerce and Organization. Three of his papers have been singled out for special awards.
Dr Lam actively contributes to the professional community in various capacities. He was a member of various conference committees and previously served on the editorial review boards of Online Information Review, Journal of E-Government, and Management Decision. He regularly contributes topical articles to the IT press and practice journals such as IEEE IT Professional. Dr Lam has been an invited speaker at numerous events; most recently, he shared his views on global outsourcing, an industry for which he has a particular interest. As part of his commitment to corporate social responsibility, he uses social networking sites such as YouTube and Facebook to promote Green IT.
Prior to establishing his academic career, Dr Lam had a successful business technology consulting career with Logica (now Logica-CMG), International Computers (now Fujitsu) and Accenture where he was involved in managing large-scale IT projects and creating technology-based ventures.
He holds a BSc (First Class Honours) from Salford University, UK (1990) and PhD (Computer Science) from King's College London, UK (1994).
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Management in Information Technology
- Postgraduate Diploma of Information Technology Management
- Postgraduate Certificate of Information Technology Management
- Certificate of Professional Development
- 2620: Digital Communications, Networks and Technology
- 2640: Database Management Systems and Applications
- 2700: Supply Chain Management
- 2810: IT Outsourcing and Vendor Management
- 3000: Information Systems Security
- 3200: Business Process Management and Outsourcing
- 4000: MMIT Capstone
On the Web
- Video Case: 'The NKF Scandal'
- Bookmarks on IT outsourcing and other CIO-related issues
- Presentation: 'Calculating the ROI for Training and Development'
- Video Case: 'Satyam Scandal'
- Presentation: 'Re-thinking the MBA'
- Lam, W., & Chua, A. (in press). Knowledge outsourcing: An alternative strategy for knowledge management. Journal of Knowledge Management.
For a list of full publications, please click here.
Select Professional Services
- Editorial advisory board member, Online Information Review
- Consultant to Accenture in the area of project methodology (2004-2005)
- Editorial board member (2004-2005), Management Decision
- Ad-hoc reviewer for Journal of Systems and Software, Information and Software Technology, IEEE Software, European Journal of Information Systems and Journal of Enterprise Information Management (2003-2005)
- Editorial board member (2002-2004), Journal of E-Government