Virtual Conference on Business and Management 2012 (Oct 26-27)
U21Global conducted the Third Virtual Conference on Business and Management (VCOBAM 2012) on Oct 26-27, 2012. The conference was organized in association with IMTCDL, India. 20 presenters shared their work on the conference theme - ‘Social Media Applications for Business, Learning and Society’. 128 delegates registered for the conference from 11 countries across six time zones. The conference was chaired by Dr. Kamna Malik, U21Global with Dr. Archana Tyagi from IMTCDL, India. The conference follows double blind review process. Acceptance rate of the conference was 37%. Extended version of shortlisted papers are under consideration for inclusion in special issues of IJCENT, IJIIM and IJIIE.
Click below to download the conference publications.
Virtual Conference on Business and Management 2010 (October 26 - 27)
Encouraged by the success of first conference, U21Global hosted VCOBAM-2010 - its second virtual conference on Business and Management on Oct 26-27, 2010. Themed "New Paradigms: Business and Management", the conference witnessed a rigorous online interaction for over 8 hours spread over two days. Co-chaired by Dr. Kamna Malik and Dr. Evelyn Gullette, the conference had an organizing committee and reviewers’ panel comprising of scholars from various universities spread across the continents. The number and quality of submissions was much higher this time and acceptance rate was 47%. Proceedings for the conference are available at http://www.u21global.edu.sg/vcobam/07proceedings.htm. Extended versions of select papers have been published in the special issue of International Journal of Knowledge Based Organizations, 2012(2).
Virtual Conference on Business and Management 2009 (September 22-23)
In continuation with its endeavor to explore and spread new ways of technology based learning, U21Global hosted its first virtual conference on Business and Management (VCOBAM 2009) during Sept 22-23, 2009. Managing the technology constraints and participation from across time zone differences of up to 15 hours well, the conference witnessed 6 hours of rich interaction amongst students, practitioners and researchers.
Chaired by Dr. Kamna Malik, the conference opened a forum to delve on the theme – Organizations and the Interactive Web. Call for papers attracted very good response from researchers and practitioners. All submissions went through two – stage peer review process managed by the program chairs – Dr. Ken Wong, Dr. Evelyn Gullett and members of technical program committee. Acceptance rate for the conference was 17%.
An abstract of the invited talks as well as full text for presented papers can be accessed at http://www.u21global.com/vcobam2009/07proceedings.htm
Online eLearning Conference 2008 (September)
- Factors Affecting Instructor and Course Evaluations in an Online Graduate Programme, Dr Jason Fitzsimmons [WMV, 12.8MB]
- Impact of Quality eFeedback as an Element of Social Learning Theory Applied in the Context of eLearning Communities of Practice, Dr Evelyn Gullett [WMV, 11.9MB]
- Impact of Faculty Interaction in Online Education, Dr Kanishka Bedi [WMV, 13.4MB]
- Enriching eLearning Experience through Effective Feedback and Assessment, Dr Chinmoy Sahu [WMV, 12.8MB]
- Use of Blogs in Online Management Education, Dr Mamata Bhandar [WMV, 11MB]
Click here to find out more about the conference.
Online eLearning Conference 2008 (April) Recorded Session
- Development of soft skills in eLearning, Dr Helen Lange [WMV, 10.7MB]
- Pros and cons cf OBOW exams, Dr Habibullah Khan [WMV, 11.7MB]
- Closed book, invigilated exams vs OBOW exams, Dr Amy Wong [WMV, 10.8MB]
- The Design Of A Virtual Learning Programme In Managing Virtual Teams, Dr Wing Lam [WMV 13.6MB]
- Building Blogs, Ms Cecelia Lee [WMV, 7.8MB]
- Selecting a learning system, Ms Sarah Teo [WMV, 7.8MB]